Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Shopping Guide

Glancing Girl here ...

I spent a lot of time racking my brain about a holiday shopping guide.

Last year, I posted about sustainable gifting, and shared a few ideas about items at
Second Glance & The Annex that would make great gifts.

This year, I thought about what I would want personally if the giver was focused on sustainability, and I decided this was it:



Let's face it.
It's never easy to shop for other people, especially when you're dealing with wardrobe items like garments and shoes.
Jewelry is a little easier, handbags might be easier but, honestly, pocketbooks can be very tricky things to get right...they are such an essential accessory.
Scarves are great, but too often they're not unique or luxurious enough to make a special gift.

And seriously, who gets disappointed when they're given a gift certificate and the opportunity to make their own choice?
No one returns a gift certificate.

So this is my advice to all of us who've made gifting sustainably a priority this year and have women on our lists:
give a gift certificate to Second Glance.

They come in different values - to fit any budget, and require very little stress.

Low stress gifts don't mean that they're not thoughtful.
In fact, in our {often} thoughtless, individualistic, and consumer-driven society, a gift that centers around sustainability and supports the local economy is quite conscientious.

That's my two cents.

xoxo

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin